The Women’s Center functions as a resource, referral and educational program for the campus community. We serve to address issues that concern the lives of our female-identifying students and staff.
Our office is open to all womxn and their allies.
“The Women’s Center is dedicated to providing an open, encouraging and nurturing environment for the students of San Francisco State University. The primary goal of our organization is to provide a safe place for womxn of any and all backgrounds. The Women’s Center is open to everyone who would like to come together and participate in promoting the understanding of various perspectives and issues pertaining to womxn. Below are the programs and resources provided by the Women’s Center:
- Our office is a breastfeeding and pumping zone. We have a designated space for anyone who needs to breastfeed or care for their child.
- We have a large variety of resources to assist anyone who is faced with situations regarding sexual assault, domestic violence, housing insecurity, etc. Stop by to explore what other resources we have or feel free to suggest any local organizations you feel we should connect with!
- While exploring our resources, you can also browse our recently updated library. It is filled with books about feminism, art, social issues, among other topics. All of our books are available for check out to all visitors of the Women’s Center.
- We are in the process of going organic! Our free pads and tampons service includes L. chlorine-free pads and Tampax tampons.
- We have a semesterly- based internship and volunteer program. If you or someone you know is interested in getting involved with our center, please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Here’s a collection of videos from some of our events.