Students are limited to borrow up to 2 books per semester. Students can only borrow books that are on-hand in the AS Project Connect Book Loan Inventory.
Policy and Guidelines
In order to participate in the ASPC Book Loan Service, students must meet the following guidelines:
- Must be currently enrolled at SFSU with a minimum of 6 units
- Must be a low-income student receiving Financial Aid or have AB540 status
The following represents the policies students agree to participate in the Associated Students Project Connect Book Loan Service at San Francisco State University.
- Books are allocated on a first-come first-serve basis during the first two weeks of each semester
- Students are limited to borrow up to 2 books per semester
- Students can only borrow books that are on-hand in the ASPC Book Loan inventory list.
- Inventory list is posted at the beginning of each semester outside ASPC office T-139
- Students must return the books at the end of the semester by the specified deadline
- If a student fails to return the book, the student will be billed the cost of the book and will be expected to make necessary payment to Associated Students at the ASI Business Office
- If the student does not return or pay for the cost of the book within a month deadline, the issue will be forwarded to a credit collection agency at the discretion of AS Project Connect
- Students will be billed for the cost of the book if the book is returned damaged beyond general wear and tear while in the possession of the student
- Students must return all books to AS Project Connect Recruitment and Retention Resource Center located inside the Cesar Chavez Student Center on the terrace level T-139.
Directions: How to Apply
Please follow the directions to help avoid delays. Have your application completed and attach all the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Check your syllabus or visit the Textbook Department at the SFSU Bookstore to identify all required book information.
- Compare your book list to the ASPC book loan inventory list online. There is also a list that is updated weekly posted outside T-139. If there are books that match, fill out the ASPC Book Loan Service Application using OrgSync. Remember books will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Must submit the following documents with your completed Book Loan Service Application:
- Copy of your class schedule*
- Copy of your financial aid award letter or SFSU financial statement *
- Copy of your Current SFSU ID
* These items can be obtained and printed online at https://www.sfsu.edu/online/login.htm