The AS Project Connect Book Loan Program is dedicated to support the student community at SF State through our library of 2,000+ textbooks.
Students may apply for textbooks listed in our Current Inventory List or apply for new titles. We have allocated funding and may be able to purchase new books but are limited to the number of purchases we can make. All qualified applications are processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
Students are limited to borrow up to 2 books per semester. Please note that it may take up to 2-3 business days to process your online Book Loan Application.
For Fall 2020, Book Loan will host Priority and General Application in one application.
Application opens August 18th at 9am and closes August 20th at 9am.
Students will receive one textbook if approved. Please read the application carefully as there are new changes you must be aware of.
How To Apply
Please follow the directions to help avoid delays. Have your application completed and attach all the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Check your syllabus or visit the Textbook Department at the SFSU Bookstore to identify all required book information.
Compare your book list to the ASPC book loan inventory list online. There is also a list that is updated weekly posted outside T-139. If there are books that match, fill out the ASPC Book Loan Service Application using OrgSync. Remember books will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
(To view PDF files, you may download Adobe Reader)
Here is a list of steps through your portal SFSU to get a book list as well. (The titles listed are not guaranteed to be the books you need but the list can be helpful. Double-check with the bookstore and Professors to be certain of which books you need for the semester.)
PART 1. Join Project Connect
a. Go to gator experience: sfsu.
b. Once you arrive at the home page SIGN IN button
c. Use your SFSU ID # and Password to login to the website.
d. Once you are logged in, Search for our Program in the search bar of the home page by typing in “ASI Project Connect”
e. Click the Blue JOIN button on the program page the button will change to “Membership Pending” (Please Note: Approval could take up to 24hrs)
PART 2. Apply for the Book Loan or Internship
a. Once Approved you will see “ASI PROJECT CONNECT” under the “MEMBERSHIP” tab that will appear on your home page.
b. You will then click on the “FORMS” tab and the application will appear (if you are having trouble finding the application search “AS Project Connect Book Loan General Application Spring 2020” or “AS Project Connect Internship Spring 2020”)
c. You will press the blue “START” button to fill out the questions prompted to you.
Once the application is submitted , students will receive a notification within 2-3 business days, letting them know if the book request is approved or not approved.
If approved, students will need to bring the following HARD COPIES to receive their books:
Printed copy of your class schedule*
Printed Copy of current SFSU Student I.D. or State I.D. or Passport
(For priority students only) Printed Copy of SFSU Financial Aid Statement*
*These items can be obtained and printed online at https://www.sfsu.edu/online/login.htm
How To Return Books
In order to participate in the ASPC Book Loan Service, students must meet the following guidelines:
- Must be currently enrolled at SFSU with a minimum of 6 units
- Must be a low-income student receiving Financial Aid or have AB540 status
The following represents the policies students agree to participate in the Associated Students Project Connect Book Loan Service at San Francisco State University.
- Books are allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis during the first two weeks of each semester
- Students are limited to borrow up to 2 books per semester
- Students can only borrow books that are on-hand in the ASPC Book Loan inventory list.
- The inventory list is posted at the beginning of each semester outside ASPC office T-139
- Students must return the books at the end of the semester by the specified deadline
- If a student fails to return the book, the student will be billed the cost of the book and will be expected to make the necessary payment to Associated Students at the ASI Business Office
- If the student does not return or pay for the cost of the book within a month deadline, the issue will be forwarded to a credit collection agency at the discretion of AS Project Connect
- Students will be billed for the cost of the book if the book is returned damaged beyond general wear and tear while in the possession of the student
- Students must return all books to AS Project Connect Recruitment and Retention Resource Center located inside the Cesar Chavez Student Center on the terrace level T-139.
For more information visit our office:
Associated Students Project Connect Resource Center
Office: CCSC T139 – Phone: 415-405-4048 – Email: email@example.com